GREETINGS TO ALL DESCENDANTS OF PETER ADOLPH FORSGREN

Please know that this blog is very much a work in progress. I will be adding information to each blog post as I have time and as new information or photos are acquired....so, please, come back often to see if anything new for your particular ancestor has been updated. I welcome your participation in fleshing out each post. There are some descendants about whom I have a great deal of information and some about whom I know very little.

I have served as the Secretary/Archivist for the Forsgren Family Association for many years and have acquired a lot of material. It is my desire to make it all available through this blog so that all may benefit. But I am only one person and there are thousands of Peter A descendants. Please contact me and help by notifying me of errors or clarifications or to submit information and photos you might have.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, all the descendants of Peter Adolph Forsgren have been very prolific....so the task of uploading all the photos, data and documents for this branch of the Forsgren siblings will be a very time-consuming process.... so...

Thank you so much for your patience!! ENJOY!!!

Friday, May 24, 2013

PRESERVATION OF PETER FORSGREN HOME REWARDED

     The following article appeared in the Box Elder News Journal on Wed. April 24, 2013.  It was forwarded to me by an alert Forsgren descendant.
     On my yearly (or thrice-yearly) treks to Brigham City I always take time to drive by the home.  I love its historic neighborhood (behind the Court house parking lot).  I love the huge, ancient trees that line the streets.  For years I looked at it with sadness as I watched the home and its surrounding yard falling farther and farther into disrepair.   Now I drive by, stop for a moment, and smile at the friendly and refreshed spirit that fairly beams from the place!  Scott and Karen Ericson and their beautiful family have given it new life and have preserved it with love.   Forsgren descendants owe Scott and his father, David (who purchased the home) such a debt of gratitude.  Because they like to renovate homes OUR heritage is preserved.

     I have only one quarrel with this article's description.  It states that Peter and his wives would have done their weaving in the carriage house built onto the north of home.  Though at this moment I cannot put my finger on the source, one of the family memories I read was that the silk worm breeding and raising happened in one of the rooms upstairs.  During a tour of the building as it was being worked on some hooks in the ceiling of the back porch were pointed out and the suggestion given that perhaps this is where the looms were secured.    Please click here to visit my former, detailed post about Peter's home.



Thank you, thank you Ericsons!!

No comments:

Post a Comment