GREETINGS TO ALL DESCENDANTS OF PETER ADOLPH FORSGREN

Please know that this blog is very much a work in progress. I will be adding information to each blog post as I have time and as new information or photos are acquired....so, please, come back often to see if anything new for your particular ancestor has been updated. I welcome your participation in fleshing out each post. There are some descendants about whom I have a great deal of information and some about whom I know very little.

I have served as the Secretary/Archivist for the Forsgren Family Association for many years and have acquired a lot of material. It is my desire to make it all available through this blog so that all may benefit. But I am only one person and there are thousands of Peter A descendants. Please contact me and help by notifying me of errors or clarifications or to submit information and photos you might have.

Fortunately, or unfortunately, depending on your point of view, all the descendants of Peter Adolph Forsgren have been very prolific....so the task of uploading all the photos, data and documents for this branch of the Forsgren siblings will be a very time-consuming process.... so...

Thank you so much for your patience!! ENJOY!!!

Thursday, September 15, 2011

I JUST NEED TO VENT AND RANT A LITTLE !!

     WHY?  Why does progress have to obliterate history and a past that is close to our hearts??   I understand the need for growth, for razing buildings that are unsafe, for expansion, for modernization.  But it hurts my heart when that has to happen at the cost of historical sites and buildings disappearing.

I just returned from a trip to Brigham City and Ogden where one of my purposes was to photograph family homes.   In both cities my heart grieved when over and over again I had to make notes on my search outline that read, "No longer there".   The beautiful historic businesses and homes along Main St. have given way to the Smith's Parking lot (Is that nicer than Lorenzo & Minnie Snow's beautiful home??) and to multiple other businesses (many of which are not even in operation any more because of these difficult financial times).... even some are gone to make room for the Brigham City Temple.    All signs of progress, but still a hurt to the historian's or genealogist's heart!     Sigh!  

I was able to get a few pictures but not as many as I would have hoped.  They'll dot the blog posts where appropriate.  The trip was a great success in others way so I guess I shouldn't complain.   Just needed to vent for a minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment